Saturday, November 15, 2008

Race for the Cure

My sister in law, Janna, and I were so excited to be a part of the fight against breast cancer. The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure celebrated their 25th aniversary this year. It is the largest series of 5k runs in the world. We ran in honor of my mother in law Sandy Peterson and my Aunt Marie Cortez. They are just two of the two and a half million breast cancer survivors in the U.S. 

Janna and I freakin kicked cancer in the butt by running the 5k in 24 minutes. That is a little over 7 minutes per mile! It was so much fun! The crowd of runners was so huge that we had to push our way through in order to find the leg room to even begin to run. This picture below just shows the front of the immense crowd. 
On a funny note, while running, we saw a man wearing a shirt that said "Cancer is a B----, and I slapped it". 

2 comments:

Jenn and Rob said...

Nat,

I am glad you finally updated your blog hurray! The marathon looked like fun maybe after my baby I will have to get into shape and do a marathon with you, that would be fun. It would be a great motivator to lose all the weight after the baby comes. Anyways looks like you also had fun with your family on vacation. Your family is always so much fun. Your grandma cracks me up. By the way you could totally hear her cursing, to funny. Thanks for coming to my bday party is was fun. I hope you liked Twilight, I excited to see it next week. Anyways this was a long comment so I better be going to bed now. Have a good one. Talk to you later!

Marisa and Rob said...

WOW, you did good in the Marathon!!! That is so neat that you guys did that :)